Sunday, February 12, 2012

Going to Live Forever

I like Leonard Cohen, I’ve told you that. He’s funny. He has a new album out - the last two were about being old, this one’s about dying. He says he’s going home, he says he’s riding that broken banjo across the dark infested sea. He thinks he’s going to live forever.

His Bobness, Dylan, he says the same. He thinks there’s a highlands after these lows.

I don’t know. I don’t have that feeling. I don’t see any reason why anything following this, if anything does, would be better or worse. It wouldn’t make sense.

I love you guys, you’ve splattered my walls with fantastic luminous designs, but I’m going to hang out with Fritz Nietzsche. He’s got a head’s elevation on all the streetcorner iconoclasts. He walks like a man.

Look, if there really is another side, wait for me. We need to go have a word with that Lou Salome minx. At least you guys got some pussy.